Music Monday: Every Time I Die - “Turtles All the Way Down”
December 12, 2011
I picked todays song for four reasons:
1. It’s heavy
2. It’s title references one of my favorite skeptical tougne-in-cheek quips as told by Steven Hawking about Bertrand Russle (True or not? I don’t care.)
3. The song seems to be an obvious reference to Nietzsche’s Übermensch.
4. It is quite likely that I will be seeing the band perform this Friday night after I am done with my finals.
Enjoy! I know I will!
If you get a chance, send your suggestions for future Music Mondays to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, leave a comment below, or @tweet us at @CFIOnCampus. Your suggestions, along with future and past songs, may end up in the official Course of Reason Music Monday Grooveshark playlist that anyone can listen to.
About the Author: Cody HashmanCody Hashman is a Campus and Community Organizer at the Center for Inquiry. He graduated from the University of Northern Iowa, with a degree in Psychology, where he was the co-founder and president of the UNI Freethinkers and Inquirers.
The Course of Reason is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
CFI blog entries can be copied or distributed freely, provided:
- Credit is given to the Center for Inquiry and the individual blogger
- Either the entire entry is reproduced or an excerpt that is considered fair use
- The copying/distribution is for noncommercial purposes